Thinking of buying a home in La Jolla, California? The area is one one of the most beautiful coastal cities in the United States. Living here, near San Diego, has many positive perks. There are great restaurants, shopping, and a great active life.
- Sammy’s Pizza – Sammy’s Pizza was the original Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza that opened in 1989. This was San Diego’s first restaurant that introduced the concept of woodfired pizza. Sammy’s Pizza is located on Pearl Street, a prime street, and only blocks away from the La Jolla Beach. Sammy’s has cabana covered settings outdoor, surrounding a large fire-pit. They also use local, organic, and nutritionally balanced ingredients when possible.
- The Birch Aquarium – The Birch Aquarium, is a “public exploration center for the world-renowned Scripps Institution of Oceanography” at University of California San Diego (UCSD). This Scripps Aquarium provides education of ocean science through activities, creative exhibits, and programs. These creative approaches help children and adults use critical thinking and help show them how science is relevant to their daily lives.
- Westfield UTC Mall – Westfield UTC Mall is an open-air shopping mall located the University City community of San Diego California. The UTC Mall has recently undergone extensive renovation in 2012 for more of a resort-inspired shopping. Now the UTC customers feel like they are on vacation while they shop. Shop and wander past chic boutiques under cabana-lined walkways. Relax and enjoy the nightlife at the new Palm Plaza – “a haven of palm trees and fire pits for cocktailing or catching a live performance”.
- Torrey Pines Golf Course – Torrey Pines Golf Course is, a world-renown facility, situated atop of the coastal cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. This golf course is “recognized as the premier municipal golf course owned and operated by a city”. It offers a widely distinguishable 18-hole championship golf course that yearly host the PGA TOUR’s Farmer Insurance Open event. “Torrey Pines also offers one of the largest on-course golf shops in the United States, expert instruction, tournaments, and advanced golf schools”.
- CorePower Yoga – CorePower Yoga is located in the La Jolla Colony Shopping Center, off Regents Road in the UTC shopping district. “The studio is situated on a first floor suite within the University Town Center shopping district”. These yoga classes are done in their climate-controlled environments that efficiently heat and maintain the yoga class. These classes are set to energized music while helping those to become more strengthened, balanced and detoxified. While building a core powered body, you will also enlighten your body and mind.
La Jolla has so many things to offer that are both exciting and family-friendly. Enjoy an amazing wood fire pizza with your family and friends on a Friday night, at Sammy’s Pizza. On Saturday, spend the day at the beach, Birch Aquarium, or the Westfield UTC Mall.. And if you want a Sunday to yourself, go golfing at the Torrey Pines Golf Course or unwind at CorePower Yoga. La Jolla has so many activities, restaurants, beaches, and active life to making it the perfect family community.